I want to hire a cleaning service to clean my home, what should I know first?
Most people that hire individuals or even cleaning services to clean their homes are not aware of what they should be asking before turning over the keys to their homes. Somehow along the way bonding became the industry standard question to ask. This is a false sense of security. When interviewing cleaning services customers should ask the following questions:
1. Are you insured? This means adequate liability insurance, not a bond. Bonding is not a bad thing and in extremely rare cases does serve a purpose. Ask to see a copy of their insurance certificate.
2. Are you registered with the Internal Revenue Service and do you pay quarterly payroll taxes?
3. Do you carry worker’s compensation insurance? (Find out what your state requirements are) A good service will cover workers with WC even if they fall under the states minimum requirements.
4. Will employees or independent contractors clean my home?
5. What does your pre-employment screening consist of? Do you perform criminal background checks on all employees?
6. Who will be cleaning my house? One person? A team? Is there a trained crew leader or crew manager on-site at all times?
7. How do you train your employees, do you have a formal training program?
8. Do you provide a satisfaction guarantee with your services?
9. Make sure all expectations are clear and up front. Ask about any service or task that you expect to be performed that is not mentioned or listed by the owner/ manager.
Life Maid Easy LLC 1385 S. - U.S., Suite #1, Vero Beach, FL 32962 (772) 562-7417